Saturday, June 30, 2012

Same Page, Same Time

I would like to finally feel like I could establish more relationships with people that see life very similarly to me. I know so many broken people that need fixing. I have usually always been the one patching up the hole in someones heart, taking out the time to help them see the bigger picture in the very small view finder they have. I would appreciate for once to meet a man (by my standards) who was on my level mentally and emotionally looking for the same things that I am in life at the same time, trying to achieve our goals separate and together. I tend not to meet the very people and relationships I crave the most. At this point in my life I am not solely looking for physical stimulation but more mental and emotional connections because I appreciate conversation and connections beyond what physical pleasure can bring. I need to be around more people that dream to travel the world, eat foreign foods, enjoy other cultures, enjoy my company, sample all of life's wonders with me. I need to be around people that aren't trying to tear me down, but build me up and help me along my journey because life isn't easy and you can't get through it alone. My cousin once posted a quote on her Facebook page that read "Men do not get what you want, but what they need" and when I asked her what that meant she told me that in life you will not get what it is you want, but you will get what you need. She also told me that when the same types of people come into your life it's because they are necessary but in my case I find it to be draining mentally; emotionally because I yearn for so much more. I want what I give in return. Which I tend to never find. They say when you look you won't find - so I stopped looking and still I haven't found. I do not know what this path of broken promises has to offer me but making me better for those that will be around long enough to cherish me but the higher up I get, I do notice that usually the people around me tend to not even be on my level let alone looking for the same things.

No comments:

Post a Comment