Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Need For Expression

For me talking and writing really have helped me to express the thoughts I have usually suppressed out of fear for being judged or critiqued on. I feel like in order for me to release whatever I have been longing to say gives me the chance to really be myself. I can't bottle things up inside, it feeds on me like a host until I become physically sick. I have never been good at hiding my emotions that are always so clearly written on my face and through my body language. I find it so hard to lie to people when most will lie at the drop of a hat, the awkward silence before I open my mouth to give someone the nicest form of my harshest criticism and bracing myself for the possible crushed blow I deliver to someones ego ensues. Lying to others has proven never to work out in my youth so I learned early that honesty is the best policy because I could hurt someone with that lie much more than I could hurt them with telling the truth. I always have wanted to know what people really felt regardless of how bad it hurt me. In order to express yourself freely you must feel comfortable allowing yourself to lose the company of others for not believing in the same values. Being real doesn't mean hiding behind some man-made mask it means allowing your true self to shine through and stand alone and speak up for yourself. Which we all need to do more often, with compassion for others but also for ourselves....

No comments:

Post a Comment